Friday, February 6, 2009

Frankly my dear, it's the gear

Before I put even a scrap of clothing into my suitcase, I am carrying miles of cables, and tons of transformers, electronic gadgets, and music recordings.

I've got a cute little “netbook” laptop (Acer Aspire), and charger, iPod & charger, several sets of earphones, digital camera and charger, DSL cable, plug adapters, flash drive, extra SD card, a CD /cassette/radio player and batteries for Samba, for use in rehearsals with the band, knife-proof money pouch, and some nifty new sandals. Am I ready for anything? No. I have no clue what I am going to bring to wear. It seems the weather in Nairobi is colder than even L.A. is this winter, and rainy. So instead of shorts and tank tops I need to bring full-on warm winter clothes, socks, sweats, plus the said tropical outfits for Zanzibar's alleged heat and humidity (but you are supposed to cover up to respect the Muslim traditions!) , and then a one-day layover in London, where it seems they just had a blizzard. I am hoping for at least one day at the famed Indian Ocean beaches, but does one have to swim in a hijab?

No comments:

Post a Comment